Before going off the beaten path, the traveler must see the heart of the place and this list of Cebu tourist spots make for the perfect guide. A beautiful archipelago in the Pacific, the Philippines makes for an interesting tourist destination where east meets west. It’s a gem where remnants of the European age of exploration meets Pinoy culture meets high-rises and the nightlife. With more than 7,000 islands, the country never runs short of breathtaking sceneries.
Which would you prefer for a vacation or family trips: hotels or serviced apartments?
There are plenty of holiday packages but one question remains the same – what lodging option works best? With an array of choices, it’s best to consider the overall affordability and convenience an accommodation can offer.
So which is which, hotel or serviced apartments? Let’s the weigh the two.
Hotels or Serviced Apartments: The Perks
What are serviced apartments?
A serviced apartment is a fully furnished apartment for short-term or long-term stays and has hotel-like amenities. Guests can enjoy the following benefits:
• Cost-effective. A serviced apartment is an economical choice as the rate is charged per apartment and not per head. If you plan to extend your holiday, serviced apartments provide special rates – you’ll definitely get your money’s worth!
• Homelike. Want to stay in a comfortable environment? A serviced apartment will make you feel like you’re not on vacation – it’s your home away from home. Most serviced apartments include a bedroom, a living room, a bathroom, and a small kitchen. You could also make use of the following – private telephone line, TV, music system, free WiFi, and DVDs.
• Fully-equipped Kitchen. Preparing meals inside your apartment will let you avoid spending money at fancy restaurants as you can cook in the comforts of your room. You could also use home appliances like the cooker, fridge, washer/dryer, and dishwasher.
• Exclusive and Customised Experience. Serviced apartments provide a special and customised experience like no other. If you have further requests, you can call ahead for additional concerns like letting the staff stock your favorite treats on your fridge or requesting for a secure parking.
• Extra Space and Privacy. Traveling with the whole gang? Serviced apartments are spacious than the average hotel room. If you want to travel with a bunch of friends and family, this is the ideal accommodation. You can also enjoy extra privacy since serviced apartments have a separate space for the living room and bedroom. While your friends are watching their favorite television shows, you can relax in the bedroom without having to worry about noise.
• 24-Hour Concierge. Most serviced apartments provide a 24-hour concierge service. From social arrangements, business trips to helping solo travelers, the concierge team makes sure every guest has a comfortable stay. They are also knowledgeable when it comes to local bars and cafes, transportation, go-to local destinations, and delivery services.
While some people prefer serviced apartments, others want to make the most of their vacation and stay in hotels. Here’s why:
• Transport Services. It’s easy to get lost in a new city but when you book your stay at a hotel, transport services are ready to greet you the moment you step off from the airport. Hence, you won’t have to look for a cab or go to the nearest bus stop.
• Free Meals. Excited to have your breakfast on the first day of your vacation? Most hotels provide free breakfast which can be served straight to your room – a superb treat when you don’t want to cook your own meal in the morning.
• Front desk/reception. Need further assistance? The receptionist is ready to answer all your queries and will be there to help you whether it’ll be looking for local destinations or eating at a local cafe.
• Well-maintained Rooms. When it comes to well-maintained rooms, hotels offer the best house keeping service. You can come and go anytime since the house keeping team is there to make sure your room is squeaky clean. Thus, you can sleep comfortably at night.
• Tight Security. Hotels have the most advanced security systems to make sure security is tight in the entire area and to prevent property loss.
• Luxury and comfort. Most people would like to indulge in the luxury and comfort that hotels provide. Guests can relax and take advantage of the following: swimming pools, spa and sauna, gym, and private garden.
Still confused between choosing hotels or serviced apartments? Think things through before your next vacation as there are plenty of Cebu serviced apartments to choose from.
At SDR Apartments, we always ensure that guests have the most memorable vacation. We have combined hotels or serviced apartment services that would make your stay pleasant. So whether you are seeking the comfort of a hotel room or the privacy of a serviced apartment, you can enjoy it all here in SDR. We provide the best of hotels or serviced apartments amenities plus top-quality service!
Read more about SDR Apartments: Looking for Premium Accommodation in Cebu
Looking forward to book a budget accommodation in Cebu for your next getaway?
Dubbed as the queen city of the south, Cebu has been a favorite go-to destination for vacationers and honeymooners. Blessed with scenic beauty and natural spots, the city attracts thousands, if not, millions of tourists every year. Apart from the local spots, Cebu is rich in culture and history and also has a thriving economy.
Now when it comes to traveling, not everyone has unlimited funds and budget traveling surely is the way to go when you want to explore.
Before going on your next trip to Cebu, let’s take a look at the advantages of budget traveling.
- You learn to budget. The terms speak for itself– you budget. Hence, you find ways on how to make your trip a memorable yet affordable one. Easier said than done but budget traveling teaches you on how to stretch your dollar by spending your money wisely and it begins with booking the best budget hotel.
- Learn about the culture. What better way to learn the local culture is to meet and interact with the locals and eat local food? Immersing yourself in the local culture will help you understand the place and the people better.
- Control your diet. You can’t go around and spend much on food so you need to be extra careful when you spend a penny or two. Budget traveling will let you maintain a healthy lifestyle since you can’t splurge at a fancy restaurant and dig on sweets and other yummy goodies.
- Appreciate the simple things. With a very tight budget, you get to appreciate the simple things like soft beds, hot meals, and basically the lessons you encounter along the way.
Cebu Budget Accommodation: 6 Reasons Why You Should Choose SDR Apartments
Ready to travel on a budget? There are plenty of Cebu budget hotels but nothing beats SDR when it comes to overall benefits. To know more on why SDR is the best when it comes to Cebu budget accommodation, read on to find out.
- Affordable. You don’t call SDR Apartments as a Cebu budget accommodation for nothing. Whether you’re staying for a short or a long period of time, SDR apartments is ideal for budget travelers as the accommodation is simply affordable.
- Home away from home. Complete with a fully-functioning kitchen and other cooking utilities, SDR Apartments is your home away from home. In order to avoid expensive restaurants, you can prepare meals in the comforts of your apartment and eat healthy.
- Hotel-like amenities. Want a fast internet connection? A cable TV, DVD player, a fridge and a landline phone? You can surely find it all in SDR. Plus, the place offers a great movie selection. If you’re staying for long, you’ll never get bored as you can treat yourself to a lengthy movie marathon –from comedy to thriller to rom-com and sci-fic adventures.
- World-Class service. SDR apartments has been serving vacationers for a long time and the staff makes sure that every guest is taken care of. The team guarantees that travelers have the best holiday— one that’s smooth and worth remembering.
- Great location. Is location one of your primary concerns when looking for budget hotels? Booking at SDR apartments is an advantage as the building is close to business centers, malls, restaurants, and local cafes. The airport is just minutes away so it would be easy for you to get to your next flight.
- Tight security. Concerned with security measures? The staff at SDR takes security to the next level – round-the-clock security to ensure the safety of vacationers. The team makes it a priority to tighten the security in the area so guests can have a grand vacation without having to worry about their safety.
When it comes to budget hotels in Mactan, Cebu, there’s no doubt that SDR Apartments is a go-to Cebu budget accommodation. So start planning your next trip and make it a memorable one. You can always explore Cebu without spending much and it starts with booking a Cebu budget accommodation – SDR Apartments. Book now!
Read more about SDR Apartments: More than Just Premium Accommodation.
If you’re a true-blooded Filipino, you know how significant June 12 is to the Philippines. For those who don’t know, it’s only the country’s Independence Day. June 12, 1898 was the day Emilio Aguinaldo declared Philippine independence in Kawit, Cavite. Witnessed by a huge crowd, this day was the first time the Philippine flag was raised in public. Emilio Aguinaldo then became the first president of the country.
Summer is upon us. Though we love the sunny weather for allowing us to do fun activities like swimming, camping, road tripping and all sorts of outdoor adventures, the summer heat can also be quite extreme.
Too much exposure to the sun can be damaging to the skin. Exposure to heat can have serious effects on your health in general. This season, it’s best to be safe than sorry. So, to protect yourself from the summer heat, take note of these helpful tips.
Summer. Hair gets lighter. Drinks get colder. Sun gets hotter. Days get longer. Life gets better.
It’s that time of year yet again. Your social media feeds are flooded with bikini posts and beach getaways. What are you up to this summer?
If you’re in Cebu or planning to come for a visit, you won’t run out of things to do. There are many ways to enjoy summer in Cebu. On top of that, the island is host to some of the coolest summer events this year. So if you’re done searching for the best hotels in Cebu, take note of these awesome events that you should look out for.
As a tropical country, the Philippines is blessed with wonderful summers. In the heart of the country, Cebu awaits in all its island glory with many things to offer. In this time of year, tourists from all over the archipelago and the world flock to this small island to enjoy the summer sun.
If you’re spending summer in Cebu, you may want to book your stay first. But don’t worry, there’s no shortage of accommodation here. From five-star hotels to Mactan serviced apartments, you’ll find them here. Continue reading
Some say there are three seasons in Cebu – sunny, rainy, and Sinulog.
In case you’re completely clueless of what Sinulog is, here’s what you need to know:
Sinulog is a festival held on the third Sunday of January every year in honor of the Santo Niño, Cebu’s patron saint. This world-famous festival is one of the biggest and grandest in the Philippines.
Though the main event takes place on the weekend, it’s basically a week-long celebration comprising of religious activities and street parties. A 9-day novena mass is held at the Basilica Minore del Santo Niño. On Sunday, a grand parade takes over the streets of Cebu City with participants hailing from different parts of the country – each team offering a majestic display of colorful costumes and spectacular props. At night, the city transforms into a huge party zone.
SDR Apartments offer premium accommodation in the island of Mactan. Our fully furnished apartments are the finest on the island, ensuring our guests ultimate convenience and comfort during their stay.
But we don’t stop there. There’s a lot more to SDR than budget accommodation. Our team offers a variety of tour packages for you to explore Cebu in the best way possible.
Cebu has a lot of historical landmarks and attractions that greatly contribute to its culture. Additionally, Mactan is hailed as a historic resort city where one of the first and most epic battles in the country took place. Take the chance to visit the various historic spots in this part of the archipelago.
Taking a day tour is a great way to start off your exploration of the tropical gem that is Cebu. At SDR Apartments, we have a tour package that covers many of the top attractions in Cebu and Mactan. Through our Twin City Tour, you and your companions can go around these two cities with ease. Our tour includes pickup and drop off at SDR Apartments (or your hotel), private transportation, all entrance fees, and a licensed tour guide.
When you say the word “Cebu”, most people will almost always equate it with “beach” (if not Sinulog or lechon). Indeed, this island located in the heart of the Philippines is noted for its spectacular beaches.
Through this post, we’d like to make life easier for beach freaks from around the world who are planning to visit Cebu any time soon.
By now, you may have found lots of posts listing the most visited beaches on the island. So we’ll skip the popular ones and share some under the radar beaches which are equally awesome.